Wednesday, May 15, 2024

 

 
The real Nicholas Winton and one of the 669 children he saved.

During the last holidays, I went to the cinema to see the movie "One Life". It tells the story of an Englishman, Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 600 Jewish children during the Second World War. He organised convoys between Prague and England and sheltered the children with volunteer families.

This movies makes you realise the horror of what people did during the War. Some of the scenes touched me deeply, particularly those showing the separation of the children from their parents, knowing that this would surely be the last time they would see them.

Although the story is difficult, I felt a great deal of admiration and gratitude for the hero: Mr Winton. He risked his life to save hundreds of children and yet few people know his story, which is a great shame! Fortunately, this movie pays him tribute and he has at last got the thanks he deserves.

Finally, this story really moved me and left its mark; I'll never forget Mr Winton. That's why I strongly recommend that you take two hours to go and see it; you won't regret it!

Elsa Luans

No comments:

Post a Comment