Friday, May 17, 2024

 

During the February holidays I went to Barcelona. When I was there, I got the chance to go to the Joan Miró Foundation, and I was lucky because there was a special exhibition about Joan Miró and Pablo Picasso. I saw paintings from around the world, from some very popular museums.

I really encourage you to go to this exhibition if you can because there are some very famous pieces on show by both the painters that normally are exposed in countries like the United States. And even if you don’t really like this type of art, there’s also some sculptures that are very nice.

Personally, I don’t really like this type of art normally and I was really surprised that I had such a great time during the visit. I appreciated looking at all these different creations and knowing that we all see different things through them was also very interesting.

One of my favourite paintings is Snail Woman Flower Star. I find it intriguing the way Miró played with the different colours. We can see what was in his mind trough the various shapes. And I also appreciated how he managed to insert some words onto the canvas and it doesn’t feel weird because they blend perfectly with the shapes that are around them (the words we can read represent the name of the painting in French).

The visit allowed me to discuss art with my family and that was enriching. It took me around two hours to visit every room because it was such a big exhibition.

Paul Philippe

No comments:

Post a Comment